Sunday, October 4, 2009

Saturday October 3rd

I'm not sure who it was, but someone mentioned the other day that it takes a village. It takes a village to do what we are doing. Without getting political and being slightly to the right of Attila the hun, i was not a fan of the author of it takes a village nor its premise. But in this context, it certainly does take a village. We could not do ALS without all of you. We continue to get meals dropped off every other day. We continue to be supported in ways that dont make sense. I continue to be humbled, by all those that are willing to support us financially. My auntie, thinking about my mental state, sent me two books by an author who she thought would make me smile. Would make me smile. The fact that she would think of that makes me smile. Thanks Mona. Little smiling happening around here. Until i talk to mare.

She continues to make the best of an impossible situation. She continues to choose to be positive in a situation that calls on all that is human, to be pissed at the hand that has been dealt. I know i am. I walk around pissed most of the time. Pissed at what has been taken from me, what has been taken from mare. She continues to be a shinning light. Continues to live in the moment, for all that is worth living, With that cute voice.

We were surrounded by family and friends this Saturday, Kathy, Mares sister, was up to take care of her sister on Friday night. I had gone to a play with lauren, and came home late. Kathy came up to love on her sister and me. The fact that Kathy was here allowed me to get some much needed sleep.

On Saturday, we had visits from vince and cheryl hughes and and dave and eileen moreland. I escaped to play some tennis. Tennis has always been a huge part of what i do, but now is an escape, a place to hide from this hideous disease. A disease that continues to rob of us our mother, wife, and family member.

May she have a restful and peaceful sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Jeff,
    Hang in there bro as best you can. The torment of your soul is felt. You are loved and admired as well. If I may, I'm reminded of someone in the Bible who can relate to your suffering and agony of frustration with the Lord.

    "When Mary reached the place where Jesus was and saw Him, she fell at His feet and said, 'Lord, if you had been here my brother would not have died'. John 11

    I certainly don't qualify myself to even imagine what you are going through. But, as I read your update this morning on my way to church, this dialogue Mary had with Jesus came to mind.

    Please read John 11. Notice the response of Jesus to Mary and her friends around her after she said this. Deep waters for sure, but my prayer for your heart is for the Lord to help you through this. You are in my prayers (as usual). Rod

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, it does take a village. We have our 9 year old grandson who has ADD live with us. It takes the teachers, doctors, pastors, friends and anyone else to assist in his best welfare. It's not the same as yours, but it's an example of taking a village to accomplish what needs to be. We continue to pray for you both. May the peace of Jesus be with you both. In His love, Gerry

    ReplyDelete